Trip Motif - Culture & History
Delving into the culture and history of a place is the true hallmark of an Off the Beaten Path style journey. Our territories are rich in tradition, from the cultures of yesterday’s Puebloan people and Wild West pioneers, to today’s gauchos and Indians. Do more than scratch the surface on your travels this year, dig deeper into the who, how, and why. Discover the present and explore the past—listen to the stories, sample the foods, talk to the locals; see things from a different perspective.
Culture & History Guided Group Journeys
- Alaska's Winter Magic: Northern lights, dog sledding, and helicopter sightseeing
- Big Island Adventure: Family-style fun and discovery on Hawaii's Big Island
- Deep Southwest Sojourn: Exploring Arches, Canyonlands, Monument Valley, and Mesa Verde
- Ecuador: Andes to Amazon: Colonial Quito, colorful Otavalo, and the jungle wildlife of Yasuni National Park
- Exploring Patagonia: Dramatic landscapes, warm hospitality, and gaucho culture
- Puebloan Mystery: Exploring the lost civilizations of Chaco Canyon and Canyon de Chelly
- Quintessential Costa Rica: Corcovado, Monteverde, Arenal Volcano, and the Pacuare River
- Seasons of Yosemite: Sequoias, Hetch Hetchy, and history in Yosemite National Park
- Taste of Australia: Sydney, the Blue Mountains, and Hunter Valley
- The Great American West: A road trip in stories, small towns, and historic treasures
- True Peru: Exploring the Incan Empire from Machu PIcchu to Lake Titicaca
- Walking Through Peru: Explore LIma, Cusco, Sacred Valley, and Machu Picchu
Other Options for Off the Beaten Path Culture & History Adventures
Private Custom Journeys: Meet history and culture personally, face-to-face.
Ranch Vacations: Immerse yourself in the real West on a working ranch, where you’re more likely to be handed a fence stretcher than a room key.